Wedding wardrobe dilemmas?
Weddings are the perfect excuse to dress up and get creative with your wardrobe choices. Have you ever wonder if a kaftan will be the best wardrobe choice for such a special occasion? The answer is yes. In modern days a wedding does not have to be held at a beach or tropical destination for a kaftan to be the appropriate wardrobe option.
Whether you are a guest or attending as the mother of the bride or groom, you can look a million dollars flaunting your favourite silk gown while feeling comfortable and ready to dance the night away.
Here are a few rules to go by when making your choice:
1) LONG VS SHORT: when in doubt, more is more, so preferably pick a long kaftan. The free-flowing feel of the fabric will win you all the compliments of the night.
If you prefer short kaftans, pair it with suit style pants, they look very elegant and chances are you will have a pair already in your closet.
2)FLORAL IS ALWAYS ON TREND: Floral prints work especially well for daytime weddings, (there is something romantic about them). You can pair them up with very plain sandals or closed toe pumps to keep the rest of outfit simple while the colourful print steals the show
2) AVOID LOOKING BRIDAL: This sounds obvious, but remember to stay away from beige, off white, whites, too much lace or anything that can look any closer to the wedding dress, wear your boldest colours instead, unless the invitation asks otherwise.
3) DON’T BE AFRAID OF COLOUR: Even though black is accepted at weddings, why not use the opportunity to flaunt your favourite tribal, animal or abstract prints instead? Besides, the colour looks amazing in pictures.
4) ADD SPARKLE: sparkles are perfect especially for an evening wedding or cocktail reception, even if your garment does not have stones, you can add sparkly jewellery such big earrings or chunky necklaces.
5) MAXI DRESS OR KAFTAN? They both look amazing, the more formal the occasion the kaftan will look dressier, but if the theme is a little more casual, a maxi dress will fit the brief
In sum, you cannot go wrong with a stunning silk gown that is full of colour and sparkles by day or night. To complement the outfit, choose shimmery accessories and plain colour shoes and clutches. Most importantly be comfortable, confidence is the best accessory you can wear
6) WINTER WEDDING: in cooler months, all you need to do is add an undergarment such a slip or petticoat to keep you warm. Also, keep a nice dark suit style jacket handy if the ceremony is held outside, once indoors you will not need to worry too much about getting cold.
The Vizcosa girls x
TO RECEIVED MORE EMAILS LIKE THIS AND A $10 OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER, SIGN UP HERE